Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Time Sketch Challenge.....Cowgirl Ava!



It's time for Lauren's weekly challenge and today was a sketch. I really struggled with this as I like my cards and crafts to be symetrical for the most part. When I sat down to make my card this morning I remembered that I had my Cowgirl Ava all colored and ready to go. I made a little tag in Word with my Digi images from the Weiman Wrangers set from Pink Cat Studio. Did you know that the set raised over $2000 for Make a Wish Foundation of Illinois....isn't that awesome, all in honor of our Ethan. He would have loved to color up these images as he loved to do arts and crafts as much as his mommy.

Here's a closeup view of my card. I added some ribbon that I got a long time ago from the $1 bin at Michaels and I added a little bling with glitter to Cowgirl Ava's hat and belt buckle. I love how my tag turned out too. It's so easy to rotate the images and layer with other text.

We have already started a busy weekend, but a fun one. Opening day at our county fair was on Thursday night and we headed out to get some good eats and see some friends. It was fun. We wanted to watch the horse shows, but there were little kids riding and it reminded us too much of Ethan so we passed on that Thursday night. Last night though we went out again too and we ate of course and then wondered over to the horse arena and watched some barrel raising. Hopefully next year we can bring our a horse or our little burrow. That would be fun. Today we have a friend's 60th birthday party to go to and then back to the fair tonight for more horse shows. I never would have guessed 10 years ago that you would have caught me going to the fair every night to watch the horses, but I really enjoy it and so does my husband and Ava girl and this is right where Ethan would have wanted to be too.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Be sure to check out the other gals sites to see their creations and if you make one of your own, hop back over to Lauren's blog and link it up on Mr Linky so we can all see!

Lauren Dana Dawn Jennifer Kendra Lisa MacKenzie
Maria Odette Pam Tamara Tracey

8 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Alicia this is darling. Your AVA image is colored SO cute and it really works with the whole layout - kudos to ou for trying something a little out of your ordinary realm. So happy to hear that the fair is good times for you all. Enjoy the weekend.

Mona Pendleton said...

What a precious card! I love how you colored the image :) TFS

Lisa Kind said...

So cute, Alicia! This sketch was out of my comfort zone too...love symmetry as well! Love how you gave Ava her lasso! Clever! Our fair starts in two weeks and I love it as well! It always seems so festive to me. Glad you are enjoying your family! Have fun!

Justine said...

Wow, I just love your take on this sketch, very creative

wendi said...

What a darling card. I love the colors. You are back to great work I see!! I'm sure Ethan is smiling!

Dana Gustafson said...

What a perfect Ava card! Love the layered Howdy cowgirl sentiment you created and the paisley and the bling on your sweet cowgirl! Glad you made it to the county fair, it's always a good time :)

Anki said...

Wonderful card Alicia! Ava looks great and I am so happy that the set raised so much money. I finally got to colour these 2 cute images myself and will be posting the cards this week.
Glad that you all are enjoying the fair. Sending you warm hugs from Sweden - Anki

Kristin Eberline said...

You struggled with this card?! Seriously? It turned out amazing! I love the lasso, the paisley embossing and how you made your tag! What a great idea to add the word "cowgirl" in an offset way...so clever. It looks awesome! I also like that you added your cowgirl without a square panel behind.

Sorry it took a while to comment...I just got around to looking at the team's creations...and I had to check out your wall board first! It's tooo cute :O)

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...