Monday, August 24, 2009

A Long Overdue Thank You!

I've had good intentions for quite a while now and finally sat down tonight and made a thank you. Most of you know Lauren Meader through the crafting world, but she is more than just a creative crafter. She is a very nice person and very thoughtful. She went above and beyond to do things for me while I've been going through the loss of our son. I have appreciated everything, from her kind words on the phone, sweet e-mails, her wonderful care package, the build-a-bear horse for my daughter, my personalized bracelet....the cards, and the unbelievable stamp set Weiman Wranglers to honor my Ethan. She's just a wonderful person that I can't thank enough. This card is for you Lauren.....I'm hoping to add a little package with it too! I have a "TON" more thank yous to do so that's on my list! Hopefully I'll get more finished in the days to come!


I'll be MIA for a little while too. I'm heading up north to Michigan with a friend of mine to her parent's cottage on the beach. Ava and I can't wait. The weather is supposed to be wonderful too! I'll be missing from the stamping world, but I'm hoping to have some fun time with my little girl. Hope everyone has a great week!

Here's a little closeup of the flowers I added on the bow. I made a leaf out of cardstock and dobbed the edges of it with dark chocolate ink.

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Enjoy your trip to Michigan!! Safe travels. :)

Stacy

Wendi said...

Oh, this card is fabulous! Thank you for sharing and enjoy your little get away with your darling little girl.
Happy Day!

MacKenzie said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I'm lovin all those beautiful fall colors.

Have a wonderful time on your girls vacation - sounds perfect.

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful! Hope you have a good visit.

Swedie

Guylaine Seyer said...

hello from Quebec, Canada! you have a beautiful blog. Great job!

Mary said...

Great card and precious pictures of Ava! Enjoy your trip! You need a break and some R&R! Be careful & God Bless You!

Sharon said...

I just love this fabulous fall card! Thank you for sharing and I hope this finds you having a good day!

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...