Monday, August 3, 2009

Little Birdy!







I finally got around to making Ava's new wall hanging for her room. I've had the idea in my head now for several weeks and sat down to make it today. I love how it turned out. My mom even finished up one of the curtains so her room is coming right along. I used some chipboard birds from SU for my embellishments. The letters are "recycled" from her old wall hanging. It didn't take me long to make either.....all in a days work! The pink polka dot fabric is a napkin from Pottery Barn and the green fabric is a sheet from Wal-Mart. I stapled everything to a cork board and then used hot glue and my tape glue to adhere everything else. I got the original idea from a picture in the pottery barn magazine and thought "I could do that!" Ava girl had to pose of course to show off her new stuff!





Here's a little glimpse of her bedroom set too. She loves it. I'm waiting for all of Ava's curtains to be finished before I get the rest of her room (hint Mom :-)
Today has been a tough day for whatever reason...just thinking about Ethan and stuff. Ethan would have been 5 on this Wed and it just doesn't seem real that he is gone. I had a dream about him last night for the first time since he died. It seemed so real like I was actually holding him and talking to him. We are going to release balloons in Ethan's honor, but other than that we aren't for sure what to do. It's just a hard thing to try and think about, celebrating your son's birthday even though he isn't here. It'll be a tough week, but we'll make it through. Next week I start back to work 2 days a week and I think it will do me good to get out of the house!

I'm off to the fair again tomorrow, so probably no time to stamp. I'm meeting a friend and taking Ava out to ride the rides. Hopefully it won't be as hot as it was today. I think my husband is going to meet me out there too so it should be fun. I've had my fair share of lemonade shake-ups, funnel cakes, and milk shakes! Hope everyone is enjoying their summer too!

7 comments:

MEL said...

That's a gorgeous board you made! What a beautiful room too...love the bedding! I'll say an extra prayer for you and your family Wednesday morning in honor of Ethan's birthday. ~Hugs~

Lynn said...

Alicia,
Ava's room and new board are absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with us. We're continuing to prayer for you and your family.

Lynn

Anonymous said...

What a cute room for such a cute little girl. You are very creative. Ava is lucky to have such a great mom. And tomorrow can't be anything but difficult considering the day and the loss. Celebrate Ethan's short life with memories of all the cute things he said and did. I know of someone who actually had cake on their child's birthday. My heart goes out to you and the strength you continue to show even though you must have so many rough hours. May the good Lord hold you and your husband very tight in his loving arms tomorrow. Sandy MD

Anonymous said...

Alicia,
Ava's room is gorgeous.... I have a daughter the same age and we are decorating with "My Little Pony" and when I think of a pony I think of your precious little Ethan... My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family... I can't even start to understand how difficult tomorrow will be...
Hugs
Melissa In WI

MacKenzie said...

Hey Alicia,
Miss Ava's room is coming along nicely. What a lucky girl! The name board came out super cute!

I'll be thinking of you and your family on Wednesday. Maybe you could sit down and write a letter to your baby about his big brother? Letter writing has really helped me cope with some sad times in the past.

Hugs

Gail S. said...

Thinking of you and your family (extra prayers on Wedneday). Ava's room is beautiful...I love the Tree stencil on the wall.

Kristin Eberline said...

Oh wow! I LOVE the wall board you made for Ava's room!! The colors are awesome and I adore the bows with the small flowers and buttons you adhered to each letter :O) How clever to use the napkin from Pottery Barn! They have the greatest stuff...full of inspirational ideas. I also love the bird theme in Ava's room. I can't wait to see the new curtains!!

I'm glad you're releasing balloons in honor of Ethan's birthday. I'm sure he will be smiling down on you, Dave and Ava. I'm praying for you, friend.

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...