Friday, August 7, 2009

Inspiration Challenge

Here's the inspriration piece from Lauren....don't ask me why it is so small :-)



Ava's room is coming right along....she has two new wall hangings in one week! I've had a frame with her newborn picture up for....well over 3 years now so I thought it was time for a change. I really like how it turned out. The colors of the inspiration matched her new room colors exactly. I didn't stamp anything on this project. I even blew the dust off of my pazzles inspiration and cut out Ava's name. It still works like a charm. I punched out most of the embellishments, added a little bling with dew drops and stuck on some felt flowers with rhinestones.
Here's a closeup of the dewdrops.
Here's a closeup of the bottom border and more dew drops. I used some patterned paper from SU for the main background.

I've really been enjoying creating things for Ava's room. I'm about ready to start working on the baby's room. It's setup for the most part, but I have to change some things on the wall.....one being Ethan's name. I'm definitely not ready to take that down yet, so I think I have a friend talked into painting the accent wall and possibly taking Ethan's name down for me. I think it will be easier this way.

Tomorrow (Sat) we will be heading south to the rodeo.....should be hot and fun! Enjoy the weekend! Be sure to stop by and see all of the other gals creations and don't forget to upload yours as well on Mr. Linky at Lauren's blog.

Lauren Dana Dawn Jennifer Kendra MacKenzieMaria Odette Tamara Tracey

7 comments:

Maria said...

Beautiful job on this layout!

AKiteFlier said...

Ahhhh Alicia - this is adorable - what a great addition to the room decor and a super take on the inspiration challenge :-)

Kristin Eberline said...

Alicia~

I love the new things you are making for Ava's room, and this page is no exception! It's so girly and fresh...perfect for the inspiration challenge!

Wish I were there to help with the baby's room. I would do the accent wall for you in a minute!

Have a great time at the rodeo! Can't wait to see pics :)

Kristin

Dana Gustafson said...

I love how this came together Alicia! Your sweet snapshot looks so happy among the layers of colorful papers and the fabulous layered flowers. She's going to love seeing herself on her wall in such a cuted frame.

MacKenzie said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!

Handmade by Odette said...

This is so sweet Alicia! Love the picture of your little Ava and this project looks so clean and simple, I just love it!

beth said...

I love the layout!! Those colors look great together!
Thinking of you and your family.

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...