Thursday, July 30, 2009

New Baby!

While Ava was putting together a puzzle this morning, I decided to take the chance and make a baby card for a friend of mine who just had her first baby. I still love the baby set from PTI called Bity Baby Blessings. I stamped it on the patterned polka dot paper from SU and cut out each onsie. The background was made using a template from SU. I sponged it with a dobber and then used my scorpal to create a grid. I really like how it turned out. It was a little time consuming, but I thought it added a lot to the card.
This morning I took Ava to a friend's house to play with some other kids. She will be going there 1 day a week when I go back to work in a couple weeks. I think it really does Ava a lot of good to hang out with kids her own age. I know Ethan and Ava didn't always play well together, but I think there is some assurance from having your brother there just in case you want to play and she doesn't have that anymore. I'm hoping the new baby will help fill a little bit of that void.
We're having a pretty relaxing week here at our house. The weather has been really nice so we've been trying to get outside for a while each day. I worked on organizing scrapbooks yesterday. I'm so torn as to what to scrapbook with my kids. Ethan has "sooo" many books and I'm behind by about 2 years with him being sick. I keep going back and forth about ordering a digital book online or whether to try and finish them. I think I'm going to stick to scrapbooking though because I really do like the finished product and who says that I have a time line to get them finished. Any suggestions???
Hopefully I'll get some more stamping, I'm hoping for scrabooking. We'll see how that goes. I need to finish laundry and attempt to clean out Ethan's closet. I'm not sure how that is going to go.....I take things a little at a time and it seems easier that way. I'll get it finished before Nov for sure! Be back sometime this week!

No comments:

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...