Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ava and Ranger (her little ....)



Ava and Ethan both love their animals, but especially our little burro, Ranger (or more frequently called, the little "ass"). As I've said before, everything reminds me of my boy and this was no exception. Ava wanted to go for a ride on Ranger so my husband got him saddled up and ready to go for a walk to the winery. This has to be the cutest most loveable animal that GOD ever created! It isn't any taller than Ava and is just like a little puppy dog. It always wants treats when you go out to the barn and Ava feeds him his fair share plus! He gives her kisses and loves to snuggle. Ethan especially loved to ride on the cart that we had for our burro. It was definitely one of the best additions we have made for our family and it wouldn't be here if it wouldn't have been for our Ethan. He got this burro as a gift from my uncle when Ethan's make-a-wish horse was delivered from Colorado last September. I wanted to share some pictures of our ride the other day. It used to be a fight as to who would ride in front...everytime Ethan and Ava would fight over this. Both kids wore their cowboy/girl hats so sitting right behind each other was interesting......but so cute.

Over on Lauren's Blog she has a perfect little package ready to go for my little girl. It's a little pony from Build-a-Bear and it is adorable. She is going to love it so be sure to check it out. My house is clean except for my stamping table area so that is my goal today. The hope is to have it complete so I can start creating in time for Lauren's Sat challenge. Hope to be back soon with some "crafty" things to share!

6 comments:

Anki said...

They are both lovely! Such sweet kids of yours. Love the pics and what great memories to share and remember when Ava's growing up. She will remember these "fights" with her bro in her heart. Warm hugs from Sweden - Anki

Heather Schlatter said...

These pictures are precious Alicia and thank you for sharing the stories as well!!!

Heather

Wendi said...

Smiles to you today!

Anonymous said...

Just so cute. Love the little burro picture with Ava. Keep your chin up and hold on tight to those memories and pictures. They will help you through this time. Ethan was a beaurtiful little boy. Sandy from MD

Agustina said...

Alicia my heart still aches for you and your family; however, GOD is SOOOO WONDERFUL he only gives us what we can handle. You are such an inspiration to many of us, and all I want to say to you that "you and your family are often in our prayers and you guys are also wonderful and I Thank you for sharing your life with us. You are doing an awsome job handling what is delt to you I continue to pray for you. Lots of loves to Ava and this new preciuos little bundle that is on his way. GOD BLESS YOU!!!

sandra candlish said...

I came across you blog sometime ago and really admired the lovely picture of Ethan and Ava kissing it was so adorable. I then read about Ethan and I just felt so very sad for you all I just cannot believe these things happen. I wish you and your family all the best for the future and I did buy some of those digi stamp sets to use in the future. Best wish Sandra Candlish UK

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...