Saturday, February 20, 2010

JUGS Color Challenge #22

I'm back for the JUGS challenge! This week's challenge hostess is Maria and don't forget our February guest designer Chupa. Be sure to stop by and see all the girls creations.....their links are on my side bar! I did stick with the color challenge, but I couldn't help adding a little green. This was a tough color combo for me, but it all came together. I tried to make some 3-d flowers to add to my card too. I punched out 6 circles, 2 - 1", 2 - 1 1/8", and 2- 1 1/4". Then I crumpled them up, dobbed them on the edges and put them together with a button in the middle. It's always harder to see something on the computer, but they look pretty neat in real life.
We have another busy weekend here. Last night my oldest brother's basketball team was honored. It has been 20 years since they had the best season in school history. I can remember watching it. I was in the 7th grade and it was so fun to watch. Tonight we are heading to a bull riding event with Ava girl and then tomorrow I'm helping to host a baby shower for one of my sister-in-laws at my house. Right after Ethan died I decided I needed a change to my living room, so I painted my accent wall from a rust color to a navy blue. Well, I had never changed out the curtains, so I decided yesterday that I would try to sew them and have them finished by tomorrow. I don't know why I always start these projects last minute! It will all get finished I'm sure!
Hope all of you have a great weekend! I have only 1 more week until I go back to work. It will only be part time, but it is still going to be hard to leave the kiddos again. I think Ava is ready to have some friends to play with.

8 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Alicia I LOVE this set of flowers - they are great and I imagine as you said even better IRL. Greaet job with the challenge and love the photo of Kale smiling from ear to ear on your next post :-)

Lisa Kind said...

Love your card! The addition of the green is so pretty with these colors! The flowers look great! I have to try that because I love flowers!

I always do projects last minute too! I think our mojo works better that way (at least that's my excuse!). Enjoy your last week of "vacation", so to speak, and those lovely children! I've enjoyed your last two posts with pics of them!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wonderful card Alicia! Your hand-made flowers look fabulous! I like how you mixed up the colors for this week's color challenge!

Dana Gustafson said...

No rest for the weary! Wow girl! You have alot packed into the current 48 hours! I admire your enrgy! I hope the curtain sewing went well.

Now as for your card....I LOVE your layered and offset cicles. SO pretty! What a great way to make the layered flower new again. You must have spring on the mind with this pretty flower card and the one below. I know I do!

Maria said...

Beautiful flowers! Love what you did with the colors. Good look with your curtains and the last minute project, I'm sure it will be awesome!

Canda said...

This card is so pretty! I love all of the texture!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

This is such a lovely card, Alicia! These flowers are so beautifully done, and does it all look great with green!?
Good luck with all your assignments, and my goodness, your kids are sooo cute!!! :)

Davi said...

Love the green with the other colors. The flowers turned out perfect! Im one of those last minute people also. I always say I work better under pressure. Hope you get them finished :)

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...