Friday, January 22, 2010

JUGS Template Challenge #17 and a My Time Made Easy Sneak Peak!

It's Saturday already! Wow this week went by quickly. I got to do a lot of crafting so that is always fun. Lots to share today. The challenge this week for JUGS was to use a template and I used a new template, Happy Mail, coming out from Lauren Meader's new store, My Time Made Easy. This little mailbox is ADORABLE!!! I couldn't stop with just one. I made the little pink one for Ava Girl and the Cowboy Pig is for Kale. The paper is all new too from My Time Made Easy Digi paper. They have some wonderful new gingham coming out and the flower paper is just too cute! I wanted to make Ava's a little more vintage and Kale's was just supposed to be cutesy. Can you see the cute little chick? That is Ava's nickname, Chicky. She doesn't really like to be called it anymore, but it has just kind of stuck!

I added some stitching to my digi paper and a red scalloped edge to both sides of my mailbox. I LOVE this paper that Kristin has created for Lauren!!! Here's my little Cowboy Pig a little closer!



The stamp images are from a new set coming out from My Time Made Easy February Release called Critters with Heart.....this set is just TOO CUTE!!! You will have to get it to use not only for Valentines, but for all year! I HATE mice....the real ones, but you have to admit that this little guy is just way too cute! This was the first image that I played with and I just love it....look at those tiny little whiskers!


Lauren is sponsoring us this week - that means she is giving away some
BLOG CANDY (A $25 gift certificate to MTME store) to one of our
participants. Lauren has a FREE TEMPLATE that you can use to participate in the contest. Hop over to the JUGS blog for all the details!

Thanks for stopping by. Hope all of you have a great weekend!

13 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Oh Alicia - these are both PRECIOUS - I am in love with the vintage look of Ava's box with its hearts and buttons and who wouldn't LOVE Kale's adorable cowboy pig?? I admit gingham is one of my fave papers - love the blue gingham with the pop of red - WELL DONE - two fabulous projects.

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh Alicia - BOTH of these creations are so adorable! Love the distressed look to the first & the Western look you gave the second! That cowboy hat really adds character :) Awesome job!

Lisa Kind said...

Wow! Two projects? And you have kids...you are a superwoman! These are so adorable, Alicia! Love them both! The pink one is so soft and pretty and the blue/red one is totally boy! Love the cowboy hat on the piggy! Too cute! Wonderful job showing the versatility of the template and images!

Dana Gustafson said...

Adorable! I love Ava's vintage pink mailbox and Kale's cowboy piggy is too fun. You comment about mice is so true...ick IRL but the stamped image is way cute. It looks so sweet on your card.

Katie Cotton said...

super cute projects! They are both just fab!

Diane said...

These are so very cute...love the colors and how one is so "girlie" and one so much for a baby boy!!! Theya re going to love them...and I too have a major dislike for "mousies"...I had been feeding the birds and said if it draws mice then thats it...and sure enough we had a mouse...it was like 24 hours of Tom and Jerry...I think my heart is still racing and its been 2 weeks!! Wonderful projects!

Maria said...

What fabulous mailboxes you created!! Love the cowboy hat nice job. And I love the vintage look with all the buttons on the pink one. Great job!!!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Alicia I love the blue and red! Amazing job. Im in love with your new blog look and banner. Just amazing. You have been on a creative ROLL!!! Good for you. Kale is SOOOO cute and getting SO big! I better get that baby gift done-finally (and oh so LATE!) Thanks for the love and support my friend. Call me soon OK!

Lauren (mytime) said...

LORDY!! Forgot to say I LVOE the botton belly on the chicken, and the hat on the pig with the bow :D

Kathryn B said...

Alicia these are adorable! Your first one is so soft and pretty and my mouth is watering for one of those Hershey kisses! LOL!
The second one is sooo! perfect with your little piggy in his cowboy hat! What fun! I have only boys and still struggle making boy cards and gift sets...you sure did rock this template!

Sue Lelli said...

I LOVE the heart flag on the first mailbox and the red hat on the pig! Both creations are just WONDERFUL!!!

Gabby said...

These are too stinkin' cute Alicia! I too hate mouse...but who can hate a mouse THAT cute...lol!

Andrea M said...

Alicia - these are gorgeous!!!! Love the combinations, so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...