Saturday, January 2, 2010

JUGS Sketch Challenge #14

It's Saturday once again. Happy New Year to everyone! I'm getting used to my husband being off work and letting me sleep in. I think Monday is going to be rough :-) This week was a sketch challenge for JUGS and I finally sat down yesterday evening and got my card made. I guess I'm really into baby cards lately! (wonder why?) I have another card to share, but will wait for another day. I used this buggy from PTI's set Bitty Baby Blessings. My soon to be sister-in-law's sister is expecting so I helped her make some baby shower invites the other day. Isn't the back ground paper just wonderful. TOMORROW.....be sure to head over to MY TIME MADE EASY. My good friend LAUREN will have her GRAND OPENING! I'm so excited for her. You can purchase this paper from her. It's called That Hit the Spot. It is available now and it is digital. My good friend KRISTIN is creating all of these wonderful papers for Lauren. I'm very excited to see everything tomorrow. What's nice is if you are working on a project and you want some paper and don't want to make a trip to the store, just print out some digital paper.....so easy! The sentiment on my card is a new set from Stampin Up! They are now making rubber stamps that are clear mounted. This is the first set I purchased from them and I'm very happy with it. Can you see my pearl embellishements. It's hard to see them in the picture, but they really add to the card and I used SU's new border punch too. I love it!

I better get back to my "Mommy job". It's almost time for Baby Kale to eat! I have some great pictures to share of my husband, daughter and our burro. Dave, my husband, made a contraption for our burro so he could hook him up to a sled and pull Ava around the yard. Believe me, it was a site to see!

I'll be back soon.....I'm hoping to get a new site up soon. I said I was working on something and I am, just taking a little longer than I had hoped. I'm going to finally start making cards for other people.....invites, baby announcements, personalized frames......I can't wait to get started. So if you know anyone that wants something like this, just let me know.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Be sure to hop over to the JUGS site to see all the other creations too!
Our guest designer this month is: Gabby Be sure to stop by and check out all of her creations!

9 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Oh my gosh Alicia - I LOVE this card - can I just copy it LOL? - it's perfect with the digi paper (Isn't KB amazing?) but I love the pearl accents - what a classy touch to this very adorable baby girl card. GOod to see you back in the stampin' circle. I'll have to check out the new SU clear stamps - interesting! I had heard that they went unmounted but didn't know they went clear. Have a great new year Alicia.

Kathryn B said...

Alicia your card is so soft and pretty! The little pears add just the right touch! Love it!

Mona Pendleton said...

What an adorable card Alicia! I need to make some baby congrats cards & this is a beautiful inspiration! Love the pink satin bow :) You did a wonderful job with Lisa's sketch!

Dana Gustafson said...

THis is way cute ALicia! I love all the wonderful pinks and thanks for the sneak peek on the new SU!

Congrats on your upcoming website. I know it will be a success!

Gabby said...

I LOVE this Alicia! So sweet...

Davi said...

Very pretty baby card beautiful bow. Those pearls do it!! :)

Sue Lelli said...

I LOVE your card! The flow is so great. I wish I had thought about using a bow for the "flower" element cause the sketch baffled me! YOUR card is so sweet and so girly and just perfect for a baby card! LOVE the new SU sentiment!!!

Carol L said...

This is too sweet with that dreamy DP and all those pearls! Those fonts are to die for too, wow! I've got to have them!

Maria said...

Fabulous card Alicia! Love the pinks!

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...