Friday, January 8, 2010

JUGS Technique Challenge #15

It's already Saturday.....believe me, this week didn't go by very quickly! It has been so frigid here and then snow, so I literally didn't leave the house for days! I had cabin fever until yesterday! It's time for another challenge from JUGS! This week Mona is the hostess and the challenge is to use stitching on your project. I love to use stitching, but I admit that I'm a little lazy at times to get my sewing machine out, but while I had it out I made a couple projects with it.

Here is a card using a new set from PTI, Tiny Treats Valentine, that I got for Christmas. I LOVE getting stamping stuff at Christmas time, even more than clothes! Having new toys to play with is always fun. Don't you just love this little airplane...I do. I stitched around the edges on kraft cardstock. The patterned paper is just something I had in my stash....the back didn't even say where it was from. The ribbon and paper are all from PTI.

Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend! Be sure to stop by the JUGS blog and link up your creations using stitching. Look at my sidebar for all the links to the other gals sites!

7 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Alicia this is PRECIOUS. What a darling little airplane image and those hearts are just the perfect accent to say "I LOVE YOU". Your stitching is just the perfect accent. Way to go! Love it

Mona Pendleton said...

Alicia, this is so sweet! I agree with Pam - that little airplane is cute! I love the way your stitching really shows on the Kraft cs! Thank you so much for creating such a wonderful sample of inspiration :)

Dana Gustafson said...

THis is so cutie pie! I really like the little airplane and all of the floating hearts. sew cute.

Your new blog banner is FAB too! THanks for the inspo!

Maria said...

This is fabulous! Love what you did and the images you used.

Love your new blog banner it's amazing!!!

Kristin Eberline said...

Oh girl! This is so soft and pretty!!! LOVE the blue plaid/gingham paper and coordinating ribbon! You made the airplane image look sooo adorable with the red and blue! LOVE how this turned out. Your stitching is AMAZING!!!! I told Tia I'm going to figure out how to plan a trip home where I can visit you along the way...when I DO, please be prepared to teach me some of your sewing skills! Tia will watch the kiddos while we craft. Oh and visit the winery...actually, they can ride the little ass to the winery with us, huh? LOL Like how I'm already making plans for you?! Ha ha

Love that you are making the most of the SU software! Seems like you're a natural!!! Your new blog is FANTASTIC!!! Love the colors, the pictures of course, and how you added the subtle scalloped piece with the stitching image! JUST wonderful...and so YOU. I think that's most important. You can make it fit who you are...and showcase your beautiful kiddos (I changed my mind...THAT's the most important)

Have a great weekend, my friend! Hug those babies for me. They won't know what to do when I show up and start hugging them on my own ♥ I can hear Ava now...Who IS this lady?! LOL

Unknown said...

I love this Alicia -- as well as your new blog banner -- it's FABULOUS! That little airplane is so cute...I love that set-and you made it sing :)

Lisa Kind said...

This is so pretty, Alicia! I love the light blue with the red! And your sewing is fabulous! Isn't it great to try something new? Great card!

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...