Sunday, January 10, 2010

Color Throwdown with Butterflies

My friend Kristin is the newest member for the Color Throwdown Challenge Team. I decided I would play along this week and see what I could create with her color challenge. The colors are:

I wanted to ink up my new stamps from My Time Made Easy.....aren't these butterflies just wonderful! I just love how the butterflies look like they are flying right off of the card. I used some of My Time Easy's digital patterned paper too.......it's great. I didn't leave my house to get paper at the store, just clicked print and walla! I just open up the digi image with Windows Picture Viewer, a program that comes with your PC, click print, choose borderless 8 1/2 x 11 and you should have a full sheet of patterned paper.
I added a few dew drops that I thought made the card pop too. I love the definition paper.....it added just the right background for my butterflies! This card is for my Mom's birthday that is coming up on the 25th. It is also her 40th wedding anniversary as well!
Hope all of you are having a great weekend. It is still very cold here, but the word is that it might warm up today....isn't that crazy when we think warm is 25 degrees......sure beats the -8 temp when I got home last night!

5 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card, Alicia! I'm glad you decided to play along with the Throwdown colors! (P.S. LOVE your blog banner, too.... VERY precious!)

Broni said...

Beautiful card! Love how you used Kristin's papers!! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Alicia! This card is so pretty! Great use of the MTME DP :) Love the stitching as well :)

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, Alicia! I love the layout you've used here....and of course, the paper rocks too! THanks for playing!

Kristin Eberline said...

OH MY GOSH, Alicia! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! Your layout with my papers is perfect and I ADORE the definition paper behind the beautiful butterflies! Oh, and your stitching is FAB!!! Your mother is going to LOVE this card!!!

Please pass on a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your mom from me, and a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to your parents. 40 years?! WOW. So admirable :]

Thank you for playing along with my challenge at the CTD!!! You're awesome ♥

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...