Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lauren's Technique Challenge.....Embossing Vellum

Here's my little sneak peak!
This seemed to be a tough challenge for just about everyone as there were a lot of questions e-mailed about on this challenge. I will say that I've never done this technique before, but I do like the possibilities that you can do with this. I wanted to use my new set from PTI, Star Prints. I went with a patriotic theme, but am going to use this card for one of the graduation parties that we are invited to. The colors I used are SU's Night of Navy, Real Red, and PTI's white and vellum cardstock. The first thing I did was cut out a piece of vellum card stock and I stamped the stars with versamark. I then added dazzling diamonds before it dried to add a little bling. Next I flipped the paper over and traed the outlines of the stars with my stylus to give it an embossed outline. I finished my paper by added some red and blue tiny stars. The frame for the vellum was a rectangle cut 1/4" larger on each side and then I start with a square punch and cut the remainder out with my paper cutter to create a handmade frame. I punched out little stars and added to the centers of my glittered stars with some stamping dimensionals.

On the home front, I'm typing this on Tuesday morning as things seem to be getting complicated around here. Yesterday was good in the morning, but the afternoon and evening weren't so great. We're still working on getting pain medication at a level that will control my son's pain and something to relieve his stomach ache. It's probably going to be a long week so I thought I would get this ready to go. Hope you enjoy my creations and be sure to check out what everyone else has this week to:







11 comments:

Unknown said...

Alicia - this is awesome! Love it love it love it :)

Dana Gustafson said...

Ohhhh, your vellum panel looks like a window Alicia! You just sparked an idea for me :)

On the homefront...hang in there sweetie! You are amazing!

Kristin Eberline said...

Oh Alicia! I LOVE this card! It is absolutely stunning (as I expected)!! Your vibrant colors are awesome together and the layout, the vellum, glitter, everything rolled together perfectly with your card! You HAVE to send this in as a guest star stamper submission! It's perfect for it!

Maria said...

This is awesome!!! I love how you made the vellum window! Nice job.

Gwen said...

oh! I really love this!!

Bethany Paull said...

very cool! I like how you did borders and colored them with glitz.

AKiteFlier said...

Oh goodness Alicia this is FABULOUS!!!! I think I must case it - it would be a perfect 4th of July card!!! :-) Rock on!

Tamara said...

This is fantastic. The embossed outline really makes those stars pop!

Laura said...

I LOVE this card! The way you did the velum panel with the stripes behind & the stars over it would work for so many other shapes/images-my gears are turning with the possibilities!

Nancy L. said...

I love your card, the technique is great!

Anonymous said...

Really like this card. Very creative stamping on velumn and layering the papers.. Very pretty!..

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...