Friday, May 15, 2009

Lauren's Saturday Template Challenge


Here's a little sneak peek at what the team has in store for this week!



It's time again for Lauren's challenge of the week. This week the challenge was to use one of her templates that are for sale at PTI and create something with the color purple or use butterflies. At first I thought we were supposed to do both, but I got that figured out and I went with the color purple. It's been an interesting week so trying to get this accomplished was a bit of a task, but I did it! Here is what I came up with. I added a couple decks of cards and a notepad to keep score. I had intentions of putting some card game instructions, but that part just didn't happen. I took apart the card box and used that to cut a template to stamp. I really like how this part turned out! Hope you enjoy my creation. Be sure to stop by the gals on the team and see what they came up with.


A look inside my template:

Decorated notebook and deck of playing cards:




Details:


Stamps: Remember (PTI)

Cardstock: Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, White (SU)

Ribbon: Plum Pudding Satin (PTI)

Template: All Wrapped Up (PTI)

THE TEAM:

·Lauren Meader

Dawn Easton

MacKenzie Bruckler

Maria Levine

Tamara Harder

Kendra

Alicia

Dana

Lisa

Odette

Jennifer

Tracey

Kristin

Pam

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea Alicia -- I love Rummy 500 - this would be perfect. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Dawn Easton said...

Alicia how absolutely fun!!! Chloe has just learned to play quite a few card games...she'd love a gift like this!

Kristin Eberline said...

Oh wow! I LOVE how this turned out!! One of my favorite stamp sets :O) My daughter collects decks of cards (I have no idea why) and she journals...great idea! I might have to take the inspiration you gave me and case this later :O) Gorgeous, girl!

Have a great weekend.

Kristin

AKiteFlier said...

Alicia this is rockin awesome! I love this and you have just given me the PERFECT gift idea for a special friend! I don't suppose you haev the dimensions we need for the card box? I collect playing cards from everywhere I travel but most all come in plastic boxes. If you have them please email me the dimensions - I would LOVE to make something just like this. Great idea for the challenge.

Tamara said...

This is fantastic. I love card games, and I can think of so many people that would love this kind of gift.

Lisa Kind said...

What a cute gift idea! Love how you covered the notepad and card box! Great idea!

Maria said...

This came out fabulous! Great job and so cute the notebook and cards! Nice job!

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! You rocked Lauren's challenge. Loved how you used the template to store cards and notepad. Awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice idea.. and I love the colors you used! Great gift idea!

Swedie

Lauren (mytime) said...

I wanna play! Looks awesome. Hope things settle down soon :D Hugs to the kids.

Dana Gustafson said...

what a fantastic set! Love the playing card idea and the lace punch for the edges of the box. Very cute!

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...