Monday, May 18, 2009

Butterflies with Bling!


I just got through making this card with my new butterfly nestabilities....I love them. I made this for our pstor and his wife for their 25th anniversary. I really love this color combination. I needed a little stamping to get me back on track...it's been a long weekend here at our house with our son. He hasn't felt good now in over 3 weeks and it is wearing on all of us. I feel really bad for him because I'm sure he wants nothing more than to feel like his old self too.
Back to my card.....I used a couple of my new PTI sets, Life and Damask Designs. I also used my other new nestability for the background...I can't remember the name and I'm trying to get the kiddos down for a nap. The background paper is from PTI too. Hope you enjoy. I'll be back this week with more as time allows. We've been heading to the hospital every 3rd day to get platelets for our son, so we haven't had a lot of down time lately. I need to take a calgon bath....think it would help?

3 comments:

Beth said...

Wowza! Great job - love the card -you inspire with your work.
Take care of yourself. Will say extra prayers for you and Ethan - that you both will feel better soon.

Ink, paper and BLING! said...

Gorgeous!
I am glad to see you took some time for you! It must be so hard with all you have going on. My heart was heavy with your caring bridge today. I wanted to hug you! Know it will get better, miracles happen every day.
I will continue to pray for your family. I hope that Ethan has his old spirit back soon!
R

Kristin Eberline said...

Oh Alicia! LOVE your card!! I'm ashamed to say I didn't read your post yet...I'm just perusing pics before bed, but this card is spectacular! The layout, colors, the beautiful butteflies! Awesome :)

Glad you found some time to stamp. Hope the decrease in Ethan's med (I did have a chance to read the Caringbridge journal :O) helps him to feel better soon!

Take care.

Kristin

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...