Friday, June 27, 2008

Fresh Cuts!


Here's another card that we'll be making at Stamp Camp. I absolutely love this new set by Stampin' Up! It's so elegant and can be used for so many types of cards. The butterflies are from my new Martha Stewart punch. I used Papertrey's Aqua Mist paper and SU's white and chocolate chip. The ribbon is chocolate satin left over from my brother's wedding programs. The sentiment can be changed out to fit whatever occasion! I love using the vine in this set to stamp along the card edges.....it's hard to see, but if you look closely at the bottom you'll see a faint edging with this stamp! Have a great weekend! I'm looking forward to stamping with some new images that should be coming soon. I ordered my first stamps from Hanna Stamps and from Pink Cat Studio. I've been a fan of Riley the moose from Hanna Stamps for a long time and finally decided to order a couple. They are really affordable and so darn cute. Pink Cat Studio has a variety of stamps, but ever since I saw Lauren Meader's post with Billy and Lily I put them on my "want list"....I really don't have one written down, but the list is very long in my head!
Have a wonderful weekend. The river is starting to come down slowly. It is at 28.75' and I think it has to be under 25' before my husband doesn't have to drive the levees anymore. I'm sure all of the community will be relieved when it comes down too. There have been so many volunteers around the area helping to sand bag, feed the troops, watch levees, drive equipment, spread straw....countless jobs. There has been some stories on the news lately and it sounds as if Quincy, IL will just wash away, but in all reality the danger of this flood is to a few homes and businesses along the mississippi and thousands of acres of farmland. Quincy and the surrounding communities sit high on a bluff, so if we flood, we'll all be meeting NOAH!!!

No comments:

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...