Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tribute to Our SONADOR


Yesterday was a very sad day at our house. We lost our horse Sonador. This was Ethan's horse for his Make-A-Wish and he was more than just a horse, he brought so much joy to our lives at a time when we needed it most. We couldn't have asked for a better horse. He was so kind, gentle, loving, and truly Ethan's best buddy. Oh how he is missed. We don't know what happened, but just found him yesterday morning lying out in the pasture.
We had to break the news to Ethan last night and that was so hard. We had to explain death and all the "why" questions. He took it better than my husband and I. We are taking this really hard as we treated Sonador as part of our family. We never knew we would have a horse and actually doubted getting one, but from the day we got him, we loved him with all our hearts.
Here's to you Sonador. We will miss you forever. As per Ethan's request. GOD please don't let the old people up in heavan touch Sonador. (That brought a little laughter to last night). Ethan is just the best boy ever and he had the best horse. Sonador is now at peace in our back yard behind the kids playground. They understand he is up in heaven now eating all the hay, horse treats, and carrots that he wants. LOVE YOU SONADOR!








8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The site listed below has a wonderful poem regarding your situation. http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

and this site might be of interest also

http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/hello.htm

Leanne said...

My heart breaks for you and Ethan. I hope you have a Merry Christmas in spite of this and I wish you nothing but happiness is 2009. Take care.

Leanne

Kristin Eberline said...

Oh no...how very sad, Alicia. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of Sonador. I pray that Ethan finds comfort knowing that Sonador is in a better place. Hopefully Christmas will lift all of your spirits.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Kristin

Anonymous said...

I hope Ethan can find peace and comfort very soon. I am also happy that Sonador brought so much happiness to your son. I will keep your lovely family in my prayers.

Terri said...

I am so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you and Ethan. You guys have been through so much already. I hope next year will be better for you all.

Ink, paper and BLING! said...

Lovely tribute, and so touching!
My heart goes out to your entire family!
R

Heather Schlatter said...

Alicia,

I just noticed a comment you left on my Lily and Billy card. I am very familier with your work and always enjoy reading your comments on Kristins blog and I always check you out for Laurens Saturday Sketch.

I am so sad to hear about Sonador!!! I am a Nurse and I do not work much anymore mostly home with the kiddo's, but I did some of my Nurses training in a Pediatric Oncology unit in a Hospital and got to see so many kids get their Make Wish's filled, and so it has been fun to watch your pictures and such with Ethan and when you had the barn raised and such.

How awful that must have felt for you I am sure just speaking as a parent and a nurse it hit hard just with the conotations it has to Ehan's Cancer and how it was his Make a Wish and now the horse is gone!!!

I am sooooo sorry for your family!

I know it has now been a while, but I can only imagine what you were feeling at the time!!!

I love your work Alicia and I enjoy your blog and hearing about Ava and Ethan!!!

I have left several comments here before, but I just had to pop by after you left the comment on my Lily and Billy Cow Girl and Cow Boy card.

Have you checked out that sketch??? It is made by an 8 year old little girl each Tuesday on the Whimsical Butterfly Blog.

Thank You for your sweet comment Alicia and we continue to keep your family in our prayers my girls pray for Ethan even though they have only seen his picture in blog land!!!

Have a Very Good Weekend!!!

Heather

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Oh, Alicia -- I'm so sorry to read this. {{{{Alicia & Ethan}}}}

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...