Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thinking Spring....Blue Butterflies and Green Grass



Oh how I wish the cold days of winter were through. I drew a sketch of my card and I think it actually came out the exact same way that my sketch looked.....that doesn't happen very often! I got to play with two new sets that I've had for a little while, just no time to play with them. I used Flight of the Butterfly, Inspired by Nature, and Stem Sayings, all from Stampin' Up! I love this color combo.....Certainly Celery and Tempting Torquoise. I got some new celery grossgrain ribbon that I love too! Notice my stiching along the edge of my card. Well, I got my sewing machine out to use the other night and it wouldn't work. I guess it comes in handy to be married to a mechanical engineer! (Please don't tell him I said that!) :-) He fixed my sewing machine.....yeah! So I'm sure I'll be playing with it a lot more often now that it is fixed! This is where I got my inspiration for this card!

Take a look at my sketches too. I have 2 drawn so hopefully I'll get to those in the next few days! I'd love to see what you can come up with for my sketch that I did today. Just leave me a message so I can take a look. Thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

Danni said...

Oh I love this!! and no worries on not having pink, that's just an "extra"! Thanks so much for playing along and I'll try to get something made with your sketches!

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...