Saturday, October 11, 2008

Saturday Sketch and Lauren's Exciting News

So....it's Saturday and MacKenzie Bruckler filled in with a sketch for Lauren Meader today. Lauren has some HUGE news to share about a new line of templates that she is creating for Papertrey Ink. Lauren is so very talented and has just launched a new adventure in her "creative" career!

I decided that I would try out MacKenzie's sketch with one of my new stamp sets from SU called Season of Friendship. I really like this set and the saying that comes with it is just so perfect in many ways. I love fall so I did another fall card. The weather this fall has been just perfect. The kids love it, the horses love it and I love it! I wish it stayed lighter longer so we could enjoy it even more! I used a ton of fall color for this card, Really Rust, Old Olive, More Mustard, and Only Orange. I topped it off with some Chocolate Chip Grossgrain Ribbon. Everything I used was from SU except for the patterned paper and that is "Mellow" by Basic Grey. I only have one sheet left so I hope to be able to find more! I did get to try out one of my new birthday gifts....the long rectangle nestabilities.....love it!!!

On the home front, the kids are good. We have really been enjoying our "home" time. Yesterday my Mom and I canned tomatoes.....so how does that fit in with the kids, well, Ava played in the sink most of the morning just washing and washing stuff. Ethan wanted to help out Mamma and Grandma, so he got to work mashing up the tomatoes with a knife, until that got too boring and then he started to use cookie cutters. Good think my Mom did a good stir in the pot, one bat cutter got loose!!!

Ethan continues to be healthy and full of energy. I just treasure each day, not knowing what the next might bring. We took the kids up for the hometown parade last night. What a site!!! Both kids got to ride on "Ranger, Eyeore, Little Ass, Donkey".....our minature burrow with many names! They had a very good time and everyone thought they were so adorable. They did look pretty darn cute, but I might be a little biased!!!





Thanks for stopping by. I thought I might go back to sleep yet this morning, but it looks like it is about time for the kiddos to get up here in an hour so I might try and sneak in some more "stamp" time before it's time to go riding. We're planning a fun morning of horse back riding and then time to make apple butter in the afternoon! Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

MacKenzie said...

Gorgeous job! Love the Fall colors.

So glad to hear that Ethan is feeling well.

Kristine said...

OH, I just LOVE your card!! Very Fall and so pretty. LOVE how you have the leaves coming over the white layer like that. AWWWW...your kiddies are so adorable! =) Thanks for sharing!!

Ashley Newell said...

Your card is so pretty and the pictures are fabu!

Heather Schlatter said...

I love the new top pic of your kids!

Your kids are absolutely adorable!

Here is my take on this weeks Sketch. I think I should call it the Tuesday or Wednesday sketch because that is when I seem to get it done!

Heather

My take on the sketch is here:
http://heathersheavinlystampations.blogspot.com/

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...