Monday, September 29, 2008

BELIEVE......Our Journey Continues......

Finally I can share with you my Christmas cards for this year! I've been working on them for several weeks now, but just didn't get it the way I wanted it. I think I finally have it. I shared this photo of our kids a few weeks ago, isn't it darling. This minature burrow is actually ours....Ethan likes to refer to it as our "Little Ass"! No kidding....thanks to Daddy, our kiddos actually call it that. He is the most adorable little thing. His actual name is ranger and I wanted to get a picture that resembled Mary and Joseph on their "Journey" to Bethlehem, hence what the card says. I just love it, everything about it. I told the kids that the baby doll was supposed to be Baby Jesus and now, guess what they call this baby....you've got, Baby Jesus. Ethan actually took the baby to Philadelphia because Ava said he could take it, isn't that sweet. We hid it away in the suit case after a couple of days though so we wouldn't have to throw the baby away.

Just thought I would share my creation tonight. I have some baby shower invites to share tomorrow. I used Beate's sketch for them and then I sort of used that for this card too. My card is 5 x 7.....I just couldn't fit it on a regular sized card. Hope you like it as well as I do. I actually am going to just make card fronts. I figure that everyone sends out photo cards so this will be just perfect.

A little update on my son too. Ethan had his MIBG treatment on Thursday in Philadelphia and we got to come home on Saturday. We didn't get back until 2:00 am, but we are very glad to be home. We won't know anything really until 6 weeks from now when he has scans. He's doing great though. His appetite is huge and his energy level is high. We are enjoying every single minute of each day. The saying, "Home Sweet Home" is sooo true! There is no place like Home!


Thanks for stopping by. Check out my cool pumpkins below.....(the kids too). I found these in a Country Living magazine and tried them out. I put polka Dots on one and the other I sprayed gold and put our initial on it......they are really fun to make! The kids are showing their creations too! They had so much fun painting yesterday!


3 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh wow! Your card is amazing. The kids look great, and so happy. You are doing something right!! Big hugs!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Your card is GORGEOUS!!! WOW!!!
I am keeping you and your family in my prayers!!!

Maria said...

Great christmas card and beautiful photo! Prayers and hugs to you and your family!!

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...