Thursday, August 21, 2008

Monkeys, monkeys, and more monkeys

Sorry son long for an update......oh how life has been crazy this week. The week started off great with good news on Ethan's bone marrow.....it was clear! THANK GOD! The Doctor is still trying to figure out what is going on with Ethan's knee and wants to make sure it isn't Neuroblastoma so we went yesterday for a consultation with the Orthopedic Surgeon and then found out today that he will have his biopsy on his knee tomorrow.....yep, found out about Wed's appt on Tuesday at 4:00 and found out this morning about Friday's appt! So we are now waiting once again on the biopsy and praying that all will be fine!

Now.....on to fun card related stuff. To top this week off, I had stamp club at my house last night....yep, a 2:45 Doctor's appt that was an hour behind and we live 2 1/2 hours away from the hospital, so I got home at 8:30 and everyone had gotten there at 7:00 or before! Thank goodness my Mom helps out and took charge once again! I think everyone had fun. I had made several samples using my new "Sock Monkey" set from Stampin' Up! Thought I would share my samples with you......don't have time for details as I should be fixing supper, but I'm on my blog. I needed a little cyberspace break to insure that I was still sane from the crazy week we've had. I'll post something again on Saturday mornning for Lauren's Saturday Sketch. I really like what she has for us this week!




Here's the same card, just flipped and with a few dew drops added. Very, very simple card, but I thought it was cute!














Thought I would try out a post-it holder. I used a sticky backed velcro circle to keep the flap down. I really like the color combo of pink pirouette and not quite navy.





Last, but not least, here is my last monkey card for the day! I'm really glad I got this set! I tried a new color combo for this card too, pink pirouette, not quite navy, so safron, and riding hood red.

One might wonder how I can stamp when we have so much going on with our son, but I truly use this as my "escape" from reality. I can get my mind off most anything when I stamp!

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back on Saturday!

No comments:

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...