Thursday, August 7, 2008

BELIEVE!

I'm sitting in the hospital cafeteria typing this! My son, Ethan, is back getting scans and we are waiting....patiently! It was harder this time around because he doesn't have a broviac so they had to use some gas today before they will give him an iv and tomorrow he'll have to get the iv prior to getting sedated. These days are no fun.....worry, worry and more worry! I just try to keep myself busy, so I decided to take a picture of one of my favorite cards. This is our Christmas card from last year! Ethan was in the middle of his chemo treatments and we weren't getting good news and they were switching chemo drugs again. We wouldn't find out if it cleared his bone marrow until Dec 28, 2007. It was a glorious day when I got the phone call that his bone marrow was clear. We needed this so we could get Ethan's stem cells collected for a transplant that he had this past February! Ethan is doing great! The scans he is having are routine and will check to make sure no cancer has returned. We BELIEVE and pray with all our might that it will never return. Thought this might be appropriate to show our Christmas card from last year! He truly was the "MIRACLE OF THE SEASON!"
This morning I got the kids to sit on the steps for a quick picture. They are both being so silly, but they look so cute!
I'll be back on Saturday with Lauren's sketch cards. This week has just been a little much to get too much of anything accomplished, but I plan to stamp tonight when we get home.


See you back on Saturday!

No comments:

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...