Tuesday, July 1, 2008

BELIEVE in Miracles



BELIEVE! I wear a necklace that is a circle inscribed with "BELIEVE IN MIRACLES". I purchased this from Lisa Leonard who makes custom jewelry out of California. This just says it all. Over the past year, (which if you read my blog, you'll already know this), my 3 1/2 year old son was diagnosed with neuroblastoma cancer last July (of 2007). He went through multiple rounds of chemotherapy, surgeries, stem cell pheresis, stem cell transplant, radiation and many, many long stays in the hospital. Our little ETHAN is our MIRACLE and I dedicated this card to him. The card reads: "Miracles happen to those that Believe". We BELIEVE that he is cured forever! He is such a great kid and the picture on the card is from just this week of him wearing his cowboy hat. Ethan's wish from Make-A-Wish is to get a horse. My aunt and uncle from Colorado have the horse and are here this week for my brother's wedding. They brought pictures of Sonador for Ethan to see. Ethan is so proud to show off his horse. We can't wait for his arrival this coming September.


The card layout came from a sketch at Page Plans. I have just discovered their website so I thought I would try their card sketch this week. I think it would make a wonderful scrapbook sketch as well. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Jennifer Buck said...

Super cute! :) TFS! :)

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Great card, Alicia, and Ethan is so adorable! I KNOW he's cured, too! Can't wait to see pictures of him riding his horse!!! : )

Chris said...

I love your card. Thanks for playing along, we are honored to have you participate Check out our newest post for some good news.

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh this post made me BALL!! Good grief. I can so relate to you. You are my long lost sister! LOL! I have faith he is healed too. Both our kids. We have had our share!! Hugs to you & your family!!

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...