Saturday, April 10, 2010

JUGS 28 - Scrapbook Challenge



I'm the hostess over at JUGS this week and the challenge was a "wild card", so I chose a scrapbook challenge. Here is the layout I came up with. You would think that I would have made my page and then the layout, but here I was last night making my page. I do like how it turned out, but I was quite challenged with what I was going to create.




My week has been soooo busy with work, a friend visiting, my daughter's 4th birthday and more work. Needless to say, it is Friday night and I'm so ready for the weekend. Tomorrow is going to be another busy day....getting ready for Ava's party, dance pictures, meeting at church, cooking, and finally Ava's big party! She is super exicted. I realize that no matter how much I stress about getting everything ready that at the end of the day, the pictures will be taken, we'll get to the meeting and the party will happen whether I'm ready for any of it or not!
Here is my page. I love how it turned out. Notice the backdrop. This is part of the display that we have of Ethan's favorite things, hit boots, hat, harmonica, toy guy, lasso......I love having it up on my wall because it reminds me of him and the fun times he had. Please stop by yesterday's post as well. I'm so excited about the necklace that Lisa Leonard designed in memory of my son Ethan.
I used a boot to do my journaling in. I added some cowboy embellishments that I had in my stash of goodies!



Hope all of you have a great weekend. I'm sure looking forward to ours. This will be Ava's first birthday without her big brother. Hopefully Ethan will be having a piece of cake right along with us !

7 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

I am so GLAD you chose a scrapbook page for the challenge! I haven't scrapped in so long and this got my mojo going! I LOVE your cowboy page! The colors are GREAT, the embellies are super cute, and the boot for the Journaling is just terrific! LOVE it!

AKiteFlier said...

Alicia this page is precious - I love the cowboy boot for the journaling - the layout was a fabulous one. Super great colors and BG paper. Thanks for this great challenge!!

Unknown said...

Fun layout sketch, Alicia! Your cowboy page is wonderful.. love the journaling in the boot!

Happy BD, Ava!!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a wonderful page full of love :) I love the Western theme & all the goodies that make it special! Love the boot used for journaling - great idea! Thanks so much for this fun sketch & scrappin' challenge - great jump start to my long overdue project!

Maria said...

what a fabulous page, so precious! Thanks for a great challenge this week!!

Dana Gustafson said...

Yay! I love scrappin way out west! Yeehaw! I love your page theme and how you applied your sketch. What wonderful photos and thatnk you for sharing about Etahn's treasured items. This was a fabulous challenge!

Christy said...

I love this layout. So fun!!! The pictures of your family on your header are just darling too, I bet they inspire you to create many beautiful layouts :) :) :)

Also, My new challenge blog is going to have it's first challenge starting Monday. It's live now with all the details and I'd love to see you stop by sometime :)

Scrap It With Music

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...