Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday Sketch Time

It's Saturday and I finally got in the mood to stamp a bit. It's been a long week of waiting and we didn't exactly get the news we were waiting for. I'll just send you to Ethan's caring bridge link.....it's easier than telling the story twice. We could still use some extra prayers for our Ethan. We aren't heading to Philadelphia next week, but to St. Louis for one more heart test and some biopsy results. The waiting game isn't any fun at all, the not knowing isn't any fun either, but it is what it is and we are trying to make life go on like there isn't anything wrong at all. So I decided to get up and stamp! I have to have 2 birthday cards for this weekend anyway, so I thought I better get in gear. I'm wanting to make the birthday card box that Lauren has showed recently on her blog so maybe I'll get to that sometime this weekend!
Here's my card for Lauren's sketch. I used elegant eggplant for the first time in a long time. The cupcake is from Maya Road. Isn't it cute.....it's my Mom's for her birthday (shh!!!) She doesn't know she is getting it, but I'm sure she'll read my blog before her birthday tomorrow! I had to try it out and make sure it "worked" okay! It does!!! I made the background paper and added a little ribbon from my stash to finish it off. I had "1" heart button to add at the top and added a little bling with my dazzling diamonds.
Mom's card is really pretty. She actually gave me a recipe this time! The patterned paper is from Basic Grey, Cloud 9 Designs and the cardstock is Mellow Moss from SU. She stamped with Rose Romance, Old Olive, and Mellow Moss and used the Marth Stewart butterfly punch. The sentiment is from SU.
Hope all of you are having a good weekend. We are making the best of ours. We really aren't just sitting around dwelling on Ethan's latest scan reports. It doesn't do us any good to worry. We still don't have any biopsy results from his bone marrow, so we'll just wait on that Monday and see how his heart echo test turns out on Tuesday. We always have something to think about at our house. Thanks for stopping by and for all the nice comments. It helps to know that there are so many people out there thinking and praying for our son!

5 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

Love both the cards! Love the elements on each sketch. You know we are always praying for you. Im always finding this so hard to believe as Ethan looks like the picture of health!! That has to say something right?! Please God!
Hugs sweetie

Kristin Eberline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin Eberline said...

Mmm...I love both cards! The Eggplant and White that you used turned out GREAT! Love the look of the card...your cupcake paper that you created is adorable. I was just in my craft room trying to work on something for this sketch, and gave up. I could use a smidge of your mo-jo for sure! As soon as I saw your card I thought...Man, it's so easy for her! LOL

Tell your mom I also love the end result of her card...such a sweet, romantic look. Very pretty.

Keeping you all in my prayers.

Kristin

K said...

Both cards are so pretty. I love the butterflies on your mom's card and the cupcakes on your card.

Sonia said...

I love butterflies... your card look amazing, love the big and the littles butterflies. Also love the combo colors in the card.

Sonia (Sony) :)

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...