Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Time for WATERMELON!

It's been a while! We had a surprise hospital stay over the weekend! Ethan started running a fever late Thursday night so we ended up at our local "ER" around 2:00 am and then to St. Louis Children's at 7:30 Friday morning. Ethan had a line infection so it's a minimum 48 hour stay to test blood cultures. We FINALLY made it home around 5:30 Monday night. We'll be back again next Monday to start Ethan's trial drug and that will be a minimum 3 night stay. Life is so crazy!

I finally got some time....or should I say made some time to stamp today. I got my card finished for the Papertrey May Guest Stamper Contest. Oh I really like how it turned out. I'll post that after the 15th. Tonight I thought I would share what I made for today's sketch challenge on Splitcoasters.....and yes it was a challenge. I had both my 3 1/2 and 2 year old helping me. Ethan wanted all of my cuttlebug scraps and Ava was into everything. I would go get some ribbon and she would then follow and bring me five more rolls. I was trying to do this while they ate supper......why don't I ever learn my lesson! My husband is gone for the day in Chicago....he took the train up for a trade show and will be back late tonight! So it's just me and the kiddos!

When I saw todays sketch, I thought of a watermelon. I have some patterned paper that I thought would be cute for the watermelon center and the seeds I used my ticket corner punch for the seeds. I think they turned out just right. The sentiment is from my computer. I've been working on my photography for my cards....what do you think?

Card Recipe:

Paper: Wild Wasabi, Rose Red DP, Barely Banana, Black (SU)

Ribbon: Wild Wasabi Striped Grosgrain, Black Gingham(SU)

Accessories: Scalloped Punch, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" Circle Punches, Ticket Corner Punch (for seeds) (SU) Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and Oval and Oval Scallop Nestibilities

As always I have pictures of the kiddos. Ava is at our island eating corn....isn't she a "ham"! Ethan is at the hospital TeePeeing his room! It's a long story, but the toilet paper tubes worked well to tape together for a baseball bat! See what you do when you get bored at the hospital!


3 comments:

Ana said...

Your kids are BEAUTIFUL! I love your watermelon card. I would have never thought of that.

MacKenzie said...

Just discovered your blog this evening. I have an Ethan at home too. I'm so happy to hear that your Ethan is now cancer free. I hope the drug trial works out. You are all in my prayers.

Kim G said...

You are getting noticed, love your watermelon card, it looks just like real watermelon. Wish you all the best on Ethan's drug trial, he is a good at tee-peeing already. Ava is such a cutie!!