Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's Papertrey Party Time Again!

It's almost here, the new release of the Papertrey May stamps. I can't wait to see them. They have a new baby set that I'm very anxious to see. I wanted to share my sample card that I entered for the May Guest Stamper of the Month. They were due by the 13th.....so I would say it is okay to post them now! I really like this turtle out of "Pond Life" and one of the challenges was to make a "Boy Birthday Card". Well, here is what I came up with. I love the little dew drops for the turtle shell! My daughter had fun "helping" me put them on.....she's 2 so you can imagine how much help she was!


Card Recipe:

Stamp Set: Turtles, Pond Life; Sentiment, Trajan Monogram

Paper and Ink: Real Red, Only Orange, Brilliant Blue, Green Galore, Yoyo Yellow (Stampin Up)

Ribbon: Red, Green and Orange Polka Dot (Taylored Expressions)

Accessories: Colored Brads (Making Memories), Clear Pebbles (Michaels), Googly eyes, Cuttlebug

I'm going to attempt to join the release party tonight....depending on what is going on with the kids. Ethan needs his meds at 11:00 and that takes a half hour so hopefully all will go well and I will get to join in the fun. Go to Nichole's blog for more details. You can even sign up to win the whole package that they are releasing for the month!

A little update about our son. Ethan started his trial on Monday and things didn't go as planned. It was actually a very painful ordeal and after many hours of talking to each other, my husband and I decided to remove him from the trial. Ultimately this means we are home and our son is happy, healthy and smiling......and most importantly, cancer free!

Hopefully I'll be posting some cards later in the week!

3 comments:

Bridget said...

I love your card that you created for GSS at Papetrey...the colors are just adorable and it would make such a cute b-day invitation!! Aren't those little dew drops so fun??? You have such a sweet little family!!
Bridget

Kimberly Crawford said...

I LOVE what you did for GSS! I saw it last night and loved it! The primary colors you chose are perfect! I have an Ethan too-he is 2. Thanks for your sweet words about my cards!!!

ursadailynews said...

cute card cute card cute card

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...