Friday, October 8, 2010

JUGS #54 Technique Challenge

JUGS has a great challenge this week.....except I didn't follow the rules! :-) Lisa chose a technique to use acetate on your card or create a clear card, so what did I do? I used velum! It's pretty close to being clear, right! Here's a closeup of my butterfly. This is one of the dies from Stampin Up! I printed out the text and then die cut it with my cuttlebug. Yes, that is Ava when she was a baby. My they grow up so quickly. She was right along side of me today while I was making this!
Here is the final page! I have to comment on her outfit because I just LOVED it. I saw it at Gymboree and "HAD" to have it. To be honest I don't know how much she actually wore it because I didn't want anything to happen to it! Go figure!
Hope everyone enjoys the wonderful fall weather this weekend. I had a wonderful evening last night stamping with my stamping ladies. I even have Kale's 1st birthday invitations almost finished, thanks to the idea from my friend Jenny. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Very cute layout Alicia! Happy Happy Birthday to you! I can't believe Kale is turning 1 already!!

Lisa Kind said...

Awwww, she was such a cute baby (and now such a beautiful little lady)! And using vellum is fine! That butterfly is a beautiful accent for your pretty layout. Hope you had a happy birthday!

Kristin Eberline said...

OMG, I cannot believe Kale is turning a year old already! What a crazy thought :]

I LOVE your scrapbook layout! Ava is sooooo CA-UTE! All your kids are ♥ Her outfit is adorable...I used to dress Tia the same way. In England Gymboree is called "Adams". I shopped there ALL the time for clothes I couldn't afford, but by golly, Tia was the best dressed baby at the daycare! LOL

Love how you framed the center tag with the pretty ribbon treatment and that gorgeous butterfly!!!

HAPPY {belated} BIRTHDAY, girlie!!! Hope it was AWESOME ♥

Selma said...

What a cutie pie. This is a beautiful layout. Hope you had a wonderful birthday

AKiteFlier said...

SO sweet Alicia - the layout AND Ava - she's just as precious as can be and photographs beautifully. Hope you had a great birthday. It's hard to beleive that Kale is almost ONE - where does time go??? ACK?

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...