Tuesday, September 17, 2019

The Barn Story!

Years ago I started this blog as a way to share my crafts and cards. I decided to start back up again and get everyone updated on what we have going on. I have changed my name to “The Barn Story” and I’m going to tell you about our adventure of moving, building to living on wheels. Sign up to follow my blog to keep up with our grand adventure The Weiman Way! 

I took a job as a project manager / estimator in August of 2017 and had been making a 40-45 minute commute everyday to and from work. I get to work no later than 7:00 so I had very early morning travels. We decided to start looking for land in the Palmyra area and a friend of a friend told us about someone that might be selling off some property. Well everything worked out and we were able to make a purchase of 13.5 acres outside of town about 5 minutes from school and within 10 minutes from my work. My husband’s commute didn’t change so this seemed too good to be true. September of 2018 we signed papers on our dream piece of property and we call this the start of our MO Home!  Now the detailed planning begins on our new home!  

First things first though. We need to sell our IL home first! We decided to list our home in February of 2019. We had a few estimates on building a new farmhouse, but decided we didn’t want to have two homes for very long so we decided to put the house build on hold and build “The Barn”! Everything was going smoothly and we decided on our floor plan. Now the fun of building begins. Little did we know what the future had in store for us!  Everything with the Weiman’s is a journey and every journey we go on has a story. This is where the story begins!  

We got electric hooked up in the fall of September so we were able to hook our camper up and spend a little time playing at our property on the weekends. The kids have a path down in the woods with a fire pit. It’s so peaceful and sits next to a creek.  We think it’s the perfect spot to hangout and get away from it all. The kids can be kids here!  Siloh our 1 year old lab and golden retriever mix loves our new land too. She loves to hang out with us in the woods.  

Now fast forward to May of 2019 and that’s where the next post begins....breaking ground 
on “The Barn”. Stay tuned....this is a Weiman adventure you don’t want to miss! 






No comments:

While Dav'es away......I go to Hobby Lobby!

Dave and the oldest two went to the cold Homecoming football game.  So Em and I decided to eat supper with my parents and make a trip to Hob...